"Smart Start Your Business" Workshop Offered
Last Updated on Jun 2, 2015 at 9:41am | Business Resources
Thinking of starting your own small business? Not sure of the steps you need to take? Then the "Smart Start Your Business"
workshop is for you.
Offered by the Small Business Development Center, Western Maryland Region, the workshop will be held on June 30, 2015, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., in Room 103 of the Garrett Information Enterprise Center (GIEC) at Garrett College, 685 Mosser Road, McHenry, Maryland.
Discover and learn how to:
- Legally define your business and register a business name;
- Keep proper financial records and report taxes;
- Assess the insurance requirements needed to safeguard your business and personal assets;
- Evaluate options for accessing working capital and the steps in applying for a loan;
- Judge the impact of tax implications associated with legal entities;
- Build the basics of a marketing and business plan; and
- Understand insurance basics.
To register for the workshop, please click here
. For more information, please call (888) 237-9007, ext. 2.