Small Business Taxes: A Virtual Workshop
Last Updated on Jun 26, 2015 at 1:39pm | Business Resources
The Internal Revenue Service has designed a workshop to help small business owners understand and meet their federal tax obligations.
- What you need to know about federal taxes and your new business
- What you need to know about Schedule C and other small business taxes and tax forms
- How to file and pay your taxes electronically
- What you need to know about federal taxes when hiring employees or independent contractors
- How to manage payroll so you withhold the correct amount from employees
- How to make tax deposits and file a return to report your payroll taxes
- Hiring people who live in the United States but who are not U.S. citizens
Designed to allow you to choose the lessons that apply to your business, you can use the navigation buttons on the screen, to go directly to the information you need. You can also pause and bookmark lessons so you can review the information at a later time. You even have the option of returning to lessons you didn't need when you started your business, but may need now. Thoughout the lessons, you'll hear from small business owners like yourself.