USDA-Rural Development Accepting Grant Applications From Small Businesses and Farmers
Last Updated on Jan 7, 2015 at 11:10am | Energy
Loan and grant applications are now being accepted to support small businesses, farmers, and ranchers for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects through the USDA-Rural Development's Rural Energy for America Program
The first application deadline is April 30, 2015, and the energy grant covers up to 25% of energy improvements.
If you can answer "YES" to these three questions, your project may be eligible for USDA-Rural Development REAP assistance:
- Earn at least 51% of your income from farming or ranching?
- Operate a privately owned, for-profit small business located in a rural area or town of 50,000 people or less?
- Are you looking for financial assistance to install one of the following (the project's technology must be readily available for purchase) at your business, farm, or ranch:
- A system that will generate renewable energy OR
- Eligible energy efficiency measures that will reduce energy costs?