MD PTAP Hires New Procurement Counselor for Western Maryland
Last Updated on Jan 7, 2015 at 10:38am | Business Resources
The Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program (MD PTAP), a program of Maryland SBTDC's network, recently hired a new Procurement Counselor with a focus on Western Maryland (Garrett County to Frederick County).
All services are offered free of charge to Maryland-based businesses seeking government contracting opportunities at federal, state and local levels.
The MD PTAP program is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense (DoD) through a program administered by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Services provided include:
- Information on federal/state/local procurement opportunities.
- Advice for obtaining solicitations, references, specifications, and drawings from buying offices.
- Assistance with preparation of bidders mailing list applications.
- Market research to locate government agencies who buy your products or services.
- Help in locating subcontracting opportunities.
- Access to library of federal, state, and local procurement resources.
- Support with bid package preparation.
- Pre/post-award contract assistance.
- Aid with electronic commerce/electronic data interchange.
- Guidance for small minority, women-owned, and disabled veteran certifications.
- Referrals to other programs or activities to support businesses when appropriate.