Business is Affordable in Garrett County
With significant tracts of undeveloped land, competitive taxes and attractive local and state incentives, Garrett County is a smart place to base your business. And with reasonable housing costs and lower costs of living, your employees will enjoy living here too.
Spanning an area of 656 square miles, Garrett County is the second largest county in Maryland by land area and has a lot of undeveloped land that is prime for development, with strong infrastructure already in place.
Taxes & Incentives
- Garrett County has NO—ZERO—personal property tax!
- Garrett County's property tax rate is $0.99 per $100 of assessed value
- Current municipal and tax rates can be found here
- New or expanding businesses in Garrett County MAY be eligible for the County Business Property Tax Incentive
- Custom incentives (infrastructure assistance, jobs agreements, etc.)
Maryland employees work "at the will" of their employers
Snapshot of Garrett County Facts
- Over 32 million people residing within a 200-mile radius
- Nearly 1.2 million visitors each year
- Home of Deep Creek Lake, Maryland's largest fresh water lake
- Only mountaintop recirculating whitewater course in the United States
- Hoye's Crest at 3,360 feet is the highest elevation in Maryland