Local, federal, and state agencies and legislators have conducted webinars to provide local businesses with information on resources available to them as a result of COVID-19.
Garrett County Chamber of Commerce: The Garrett County Chamber of Commerce has hosted a series of webinars about resources available to businesses as a result of COVID-19. Access the webinar links below.
• COVID-19 County Update: webinar recording; Chamber's presentation; Health Department's presentation
• CARES Act & Business Assistance: webinar recording; Garrett County Chamber's Presentation; SBA's presentation; U.S. Chamber of Commerce's presentation
• Navigating Uncharted Waters During a Period of Hyper-Change – Impact on Financial Health and Continuity: webinar recording; slide presentation
U.S. Congressman David Trone: U.S. Representative David Trone is hosting a continuing series of webinars on COVID-19. Access the webinar links below.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is conducting daily webinars and conference calls to help small business owners understand and apply for the coronavirus relief options.
Option #1: 3:00 pm – Daily Conference Call
Call 202-765-1264; ID # 827-299-626
Option #2: 5:30 pm – Daily Conference Call
Call 202-765-1264; ID # 310-688-488
Option #3: 10:30 am and 8:00 pm – Zoom Webinar (download the ZOOM app for free)
Meeting # 6794772946
Have all your necessary documents ready.
Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT): Businesses have found themselves adjusting to a new work culture. MDOT's Commuter Choice Maryland program is helping businesses navigate best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic. Registration links for upcoming webinars can be found here. MDOT's webinar archive can be found here.
Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP): The MD Manufacturing Extension Partnership is hosting ongoing webinars to answer questions in relation to COVID-19 regulations for the manufacturing industry. Register here.
Western Maryland Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The Western Maryland Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has hosted a series of "The Counselor Is In" webinars to provide the small business community with the opportunity to get answers to their questions about COVID-19 aid programs being offered to small business.
• Taking the Next Steps for Different Paths: slide presentation
• Access additional free COVID-19 videos here: MD SBDC Videos
• Access additional COVID-19 webinars here: MD SBDC Webinars
World Trade Center Institute (WTCI): The WTCI is hosting a series of free webinars relating to COVID-19 and business. The first webinar, featuring Maryland Commerce Secretary Shultz, was held on April 28th. Access the webinar here. Click here to register for the remaining webinars in the series.
Webinars Available Through Private Entities:
• CISCO: Link to Free Webinars
• Gartner, Inc.: Leading Through COVID-19: How Your Business Can Respond
• National Federation of Independent Business: Link to Free Webinars
• Small Business Majority: Link to Free Webinars